Director of Accessibility and Inclusion
Location: College Center 118
Center for Accessibility and Inclusion
Inver Hills Community College is strongly committed to excellence by including and integrating individuals who represent different race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, age, disability, national origin and religion. Inver Hills does not only seek diversity, but also acceptance, appreciation, respect, and equality. Our campus community as a whole is committed to diversity and strives to create, promote, and sustain programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity.
The Center for Equity and Inclusion provides cultural programming and functions as a campus-wide resource on social justice issues. The office also serves as a support and resource for students from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds. Services include:
- The Center provides a space for students to interact, do homework, and check out our wide selection of resources pertaining to various social identities.
- Resources for students with disabilities.
- Planning social and cultural events.
- Providing support to multicultural student clubs & organizations.
- Connecting students to Multicultural resources on campus and in the community.
- Serving as a liaison between students, faculty, and staff (student advocacy).
Plans and Statistics
Diverse Perspectives is a workshop series for Inver Hills students, faculty and staff. Every year a different theme is chosen and workshops are usually once a month. The series began during the 2010-2011 school year with the theme of Race. We have also covered socio-economic class and gender and sexual orientation. The workshops are highly interactive and encourage dialogue on difficult topics. Please join us as we explore these issues and learn together.