Counseling & Career Development
Location: College Center
Individual appointments are available for enrolled or returning students. To schedule, call 651.450.3508.
Counseling and Career Development Center Services
Professional counselors help students clarify educational goals, identify program options, make decisions about degrees and select courses that fulfill a student's degree requirements, transfer plans, and educational goals. In addition, counselors also help students with academic progress issues:
- How to make sure you are selecting correct courses.
- Questions about transferring to and from IHCC.
- Schedule planning worksheet.
- Finding out about financial resources.
- How to make career related decisions.
- Changing your major.
- Occupational career information.
See outlines of common career areas, employers, and strategies designed to maximize career opportunities.
- How to do your best in college.
- College jargon.
- Study skills.
- Time management and procrastination.
- Math and speech anxiety.
- Crisis assistance.
- How to maintain focus despite outside distractions.
- Managing stress.
- Anxiety, depression, eating disorders.
Getting to know the counselors
- Who are the Counselors?
- Learn which counselor has eaten beetles, view counselor & department photos plus more!
Making an appointment
- When can I see a Counselor or visit the Career Development Center? Learn about walk-ins and more!
- Considering Transfer? What you need to know for transferring!
- Returning students may choose to see a counselor for assistance with academic advising, educational counseling, career planning, and personal concerns.
There are many ways of going forward but only one way of standing still. Franklin Roosevelt
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. Eleanor Roosevelt
It doesn't matter how fast you're going if you're going in the wrong direction. Henry David Thoreau
The first two letters in the word goal are GO! Anonymous
Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. Carol Burnett
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. Colin Powell
The best way out is always through. Robert Frost
Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right. Henry Ford
The whole secret of life is to be interested in one thing profoundly and in a thousand things well. Horace Walpole
The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas. Linus Pauling
Questions are never indiscreet. Answers sometimes are. Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) English poet, playwright, and novelist
Half this game is 90% mental. Yogi Berra
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein