Contact Information

Liz Garland, RN
Ask A Nurse
Phone: 651-450-3524
Location: CC109


Mon/Wed/Th: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tues: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: CLOSED

Health Service

student with nurse

Ebola (Official Notice)

To All Students:

U.S. health officials have determined that the risk of acquiring the Ebola virus in the U.S. is very low.

That said, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued advice for colleges about Ebola. Students, faculty and staff who have traveled to Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, or Sierra Leone since August 1, 2014 should phone the College Health Service SVC at (651) 450-3524. Health Service hours are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Friday-closed.

If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not come to campus. Symptoms include fever and severe headache, muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain or unexplained bleeding or bruising. Please call Student Health Services at 651-450-3524. If you receive no answer, please call your own healthcare provider if you have one or The Minnesota Department of Health Infectious Disease Prevention and Control office at 651-201-5414.

View the full CDC advisory

About the Health Service

Inver Hills Health Service, located in the College Center, provides high quality, free or low-cost confidential health care and counseling for Inver Hills students and community members. We are staffed throughout the week by registered nurses, with a physician available one day a week. The staff at Inver Hills Health Service believes that good health care requires more than just treatment; we emphasize prevention, education and participation.

Services include: reproductive health and contraception counseling and referral, pregnancy and STD testing and counseling, immunizations and allergy shots, blood pressure screening, physical exams, and education in first aid, wellness issues, stress management, substance abuse, AIDS, and nutrition.

Nominal fees may be charged for some services. No one will be denied services because of inability to pay.

Ask A Nurse
Stress Management
Area and Online Health Resources
Community Outreach
The ABC's of Hepatitis a PDF document

Ask A Nurse

Students may use the Ask A Nurse service to submit any health questions or concerns. Simply click on the link and fill out the short form. You will receive a response via e-mail. Although we try to protect the privacy of individual information, please note that questions submitted over the Internet are not secure. If you have a private or personal issue, you're encouraged to visit Health Service in person or call 651-450-3524.


All records and visits are confidential and no information is released to anyone or any place without a signed release form by the patient.


When you enroll in college in Minnesota, you are required to show proof of vaccination against the following major diseases: MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), and Tdap (tetanus and diphtheria and pertussis). The Hepatitis B vaccine series is also available at the Health Service office. All vaccines given at the Health Service office are $10 per injection.

Stress Management

Stressed Out? Maintaining balance between your intellectual, social and personal development is the key to a well-adjusted college experience. Throughout life you will experience stress. Learning to recognize the physical and psychological warning signs of stress is the key. Learn more about Stress Management.

Community Outreach

Health Service RN/Health educators also go into community settings such as schools, community organizations or social service providers to provide information about health care topics. These topics may include family planning, sexually transmitted diseases and HIV, stress management, alcohol abuse or other wellness-related issues.