Inver Hills School Code: 006935
Apply for Financial Aid
FAFSA priority deadline
April 1, before the academic year you are planning to attend the college. Files completed after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis with funds still available.
If you are a male between the ages of 18 and 25, you must register for the Selective Service to receive financial aid.
Apply for financial aid using the FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You need to fill out a FAFSA to be considered for federal aid, state aid and Inver Hills scholarships. Your FAFSA will take at least five weeks to process—so plan ahead.
Complete the FAFSA
- Apply for your FSA ID at: https://fsaid.ed.gov/
- You need your FSA ID to complete the FAFSA application
- Your FSA ID works as your login and electronic signature
- Complete the Dependency Status Worksheet to determine whether your parent(s) are required to provide their information on your application; if yes, he/she will also need to apply for their own separate FSA ID of their own
- Inver Hills School Code: 006935
- Your name and social security number must appear on the FAFSA exactly as they appear on your social security card: Inaccuracies will cause delays
- You need to complete the FAFSA for the year you plan to attend Inver Hills
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Process to transfer your federal tax information straight from your tax return to your FAFSA application
Turn in all requested documents to Inver Hills
- The Financial Aid Office may request other documents in addition to the FAFSA
- Return those documents to Financial Aid Office when completed and signed by all necessary parties
- For priority consideration, your financial aid file must be complete by April 1
- Files completed after April 1 will be processed and awarded with available funds
- Completing your financial aid file is your responsibility
- Call the Financial Aid Office at 651-450-3495 to check your status
- Or login to E-services and using the Financial Aid Status option
Federal Student Aid
If you decide to attend Inver Hills in the same academic year you completed a financial aid file at another college or university, you still need to complete a financial aid file at Inver Hills. Financial aid does not transfer.
You can process the change electronically:
- Login to your FAFSA
- Select "Make a Correction"
- Add or delete as school code 006935
You will receive an e-mail and/or postcard from Inver Hills indicating your award letter is available on e-Services. Understanding your rights and obligations as a financial aid recipient is your responsibility.