students working together at a computer

The Office for Accessibility Resources

Assuring access to educational programming and activities

Inver Hills recognizes disability as a social identity vital to the diversity of our campus community.

Contact Information

Randi Goettl
Director of Accessibility Resources
651-450-3677, Attn: Randi Goettl
MN Relay Services, 800-627-3529

The Office for Accessibility Resources

Assuring access to educational programming and activities

The Office for Accessibility Resources is dedicated to providing access to our diverse student body. We recognize disability as a social identity that is a vital element of our campus community. Furthermore, we are committed to providing equal access and opportunity to all qualified students with disabilities.

The Office for Accessibility Resources supports students with documented disabilities by insuring that they:

  • Have equal access to educational programs and college courses
  • Can obtain materials and publications in alternate formats
  • Can utilize academic support and other services
  • Can fully participate in college sponsored events and activities

Applying for Accommodations

Below are steps students must follow to apply for services:

  • Provide updated documentation of disability that has been completed by a medical professional (EX: medical doctor, licensed mental health counselor or licensed physiologist) within the last 3 years
    • Please see documentation of disability guidelines for further information and requirements.
  • Schedule an appointment with Randi Goettl, Director of Accessibility Resources, to discuss their needs and develop a reasonable accommodation plan if they qualify for services.

Documentation of Disability Guidelines

The following factors should be included in a student’s documentation of disability form:

  • The credentials of the evaluator
  • A diagnostic statement identifying the disability
  • A description of the current functional limitations
  • A description of the expected progression or stability of the disability
  • Suggestions for accommodations, adaptive devices, assistive services, compensatory strategies, and/or collateral support services.
  • Be signed and dated by a medical professional

The form below may be filled out by a medical or mental health professional as a way to obtain the appropriate documentation of disability:

Important Note: Inver Hills Community College does not accept a high school IEP or 504 Plan as appropriate documentation of disability, but will accept the Evaluation Summary Report that is associated with the IEP, as long as it has been completed in the last three years and meet the documentation of disability guidelines.

Continuing to Receive Accommodations

Students who are already registered with The Office for Accessibility Resources must follow the following steps in order to continue to receive accommodations:

  • Check in with The Office for Accessibility Resources at the beginning of each semester to update their letter of accommodation.
  • Students are responsible for providing a copy of their letter of accommodation to their instructors, if they would like to utilize accommodations for that course.

Process for transfer students

If students are transferring from another college it is important to note that accommodations do not automatically transfer from school to school. In order to get set up with our Office for Accessibility Resources and accommodations as soon as possible, please follow the steps listed in the applying for accommodations section.

Commonly Requested Accommodations

Students often request these services:

  • Testing accommodations
  • Note-taking services
  • Sign Language interpreting services
  • Materials in alternative formats
  • Assistive technology

If you are requesting interpreting or captioning services please contact The Office for Accessibility Resources by e-mail,, as soon as possible to request the accommodation. (Preferably at least 3 weeks before the start of the course.)

Personal and Confidential Service

Since every student's situation is unique, specific accommodations for their disability is discussed during a confidential intake meeting with the Disability Services Coordinator. We will obtain the student’s permission before entering into discussions with parents, advocates, transition coordinators, rehabilitation services counselors, or other professionals. Most accommodations can be coordinated and provided in a confidential manner.

Minnesota State Policy Statement

Access for Individuals with Disabilities

Student complaints (not related to academic/student status)

Student Complaint Procedures/Form

For complaints about other students or student services, contact Scott Klaehn

Contact Information

Randi Goettl

Randi Goettl
Director of Accessibility Resources

Academic Calendar

Inver Hills News

View more news