Contact Information

Veteran Services Coordinator
Sue Flannigan
Phone: 651-450-3862
Location: CC214

Veteran Resources

A veteran-friendly campus

Inver Hills welcomes students who are veterans. This center provides information and resources for current military members and veterans, as well as military families, friends and community members. In addition to providing resources, we can help with re-adjustment to civilian life through peer support, networking, and camaraderie. Come visit us in the College Center, Room 214.

American Legion and VFW Information

Be proud of your service to our country. Please join us in sharing the camaraderie, pride, support, connections and advocacy.

Beyond the Yellow RibbonBeyond the Yellow Ribbon

This program is designed to help families before, during, and after deployment. If you know of any military family that could use assistance, please contact Beyond the Yellow Ribbon at 651-895-3841 or visit  Beyond the Yellow Ribbon

Calculators for veterans benefits

Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)
Calculate your Benefits

Career Exploration

Career OneStop
MyMilitary GPS LifePlan
IHCC Counseling and Career Center

DD214 form now available online 

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to the  DD214 form online.


National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve


MN Workforce - Employment/Unemployment help
Resource Employment Action Center
Job Application Guide
Job-Applications for Armed Forces and Veterans
Employer Partnership of the Armed ForcesWelcome to Salary Site


Information on military children and their special needs
National Guard family and youth resource site

Medical/Mental Health

About Face - Learn about posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Brain Injury Association of America
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
DoD Post Deployment Health
Families for Depression Awareness
Feeling Disconnected? The Mental Health Self-Assessment Program
National Center for PTSD
Uniformed Services University Center for Traumatic Studies
US Army health and wellness promotion website

Military Credit

Veterans may be granted academic credit for military education and experience gained while on active duty. The American Council on Educations' National Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Forces will be used to evaluate military education and experience. A copy of the student's Report of Transfer or Discharge (Form DD-214) and an official joint services transcript are required for the evaluation.

MnSCU Veterans Education Transfer System
Military Transcripts
Joint Services Transcript
Transfer Guide

Military/Veterans support

Center for Women Veterans
Fischer House - Helping Military Families
Homes for our Troops
Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Make the Connection
Military Care Packages: Sending Smiles Overseas
Military OneSource
Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans (MACV)
Minnesota National Guard Family Programs
Mn County Veteran's Services
Mn Veteran's Employment Representatives
Minnesota Veterans One-Stop Website
Patriot Outreach
Seamless Transition Home - Returning from Deployment
The Military Spouse Resource Center
United States Welcome Home Foundation
USO (United Services Organization)
Veterans' Informational Links
Wounded Warrior Project

ROTC Program

ROTC is designed to prepare students to be commissioned officers in the United States military. The Air Force ROTC is available to Inver Hills students through the Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities at the University of St. Thomas. The Army ROTC is available to Inver Hills students through the University of Minnesota.

Air Force
For more information on Air Force ROTC program, please call St. Thomas at 651-962-6320 or 1-800-328-6819, ext. 6320.

For more information on Army ROTC program, please call the University of Minnesota at 612-625-3067 or by email at


IHCC Scholarships
LinkVet Scholarships
Minnesota State GI Bill

Troop Support

A Million Thanks
Any Soldier
Books for Soldiers
Cell Phones for Soldiers
Support for Troops
Home care packages for soldiers


Veteran Benefits

United States Department of Veteran Affairs
Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs
Minnesota National Guard Education Services
Wisconsin Department of Military Affairs

Volunteering Resources

Volunteer agencies for those who want to help (Minnesota National Guard website)