What to do if you sustain an injury?
Injuries to any employee, student, or visitor to the campus need to be reported to the appropriate office as soon as possible. The procedures are somewhat different for employees versus non-employees. The reporting procedures are as follows:
- CALL 9-911 IMMEDIATELY FOR LIFE THREATENING OR SERIOUS INJURIES.
- DO NOT DELAY SEEKING EMERGENCY MEDICAL ATTENTION IN ORDER TO REPORT AN INJURY OR COMPLETE FORMS.
Non-Employees – Students, Visitors
- Report the injury to Inver Hills Community College Public Safety, 651-450-3711, as soon as possible.
- Complete the General Liability Incident Report Form.
- Submit the completed form to: email@example.com
Employees – Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Staff, Student Employees, Graduate Assistants
- Report work related injuries or illnesses to your dean or supervisor as soon as possible. If your supervisor is not available, contact the Human Resources Office at 651-450-3671.
- Assist your supervisor in the prompt and accurate completion of reporting forms required for the Workers' Compensation program.
- Download the Supervisor's Injury/Illness/Incident Reporting & Workers' Compensation Checklist on Invernet
- Complete all the items listed in the Supervisor's Checklist.
- Submit the forms to the Inver Hills Community College Human Resources Office as soon as possible.