What you’ll accomplish as a student in our History program:
- Work directly with deeply knowledgeable, student-centric history faculty
- Get experience analyzing the human condition from a historical perspective
- Expand your global perspective
- Maximize your ability to interpret past events
- Amplify your comprehension of current cultural trends and issues
- Augment your capacity to develop your own theories and insights
- Learn from the triumphs and blunders of historical figures
- Benefit from small class sizes and collaborating with likeminded classmates
- Save money and continue your academic and professional careers with less student debt
According to U.S. News & World Report, national student loan debt topped $1.7 trillion in the second quarter of 2021, or roughly $740 billion more than U.S. total credit card debt.
In Minnesota, 900,000 student loan borrowers owe an average $31,250 in federal and private student debt. That debt translates into an average monthly payment topping $250.
Tuition and fees for one year at Inver Hills costs a little less than $5,500. Compare that to $15,000 to $20,000 at a for-profit college, or $40,000 to $50,000+ at a private college or university. You can complete your first two years at Inver Hills getting a topflight, hands-on education from knowledgeable, caring and experienced faculty and then transfer to a four-year school as a junior all while saving thousands of dollars.