What you’ll accomplish as a student in our Political Science program:
- Sharpen your political awareness
- Make the most of your passion for public affairs
- Wade into the political machinery that often defines our workaday world
- Earn a Transfer Pathway A.A. that opens the door to your bachelor’s degree
- Complete a highly relevant internship for college credit
- Get firsthand experience delving into current political science issues and projects
- Work directly with politically savvy, student-centric political science faculty
- Benefit from small class sizes and collaborating with classmates from diverse backgrounds
- Enjoy opportunities for political engagement in the real world
Save money and continue your academic and professional careers with less student debt
According to U.S. News & World Report, national student loan debt topped $1.7 trillion in the second quarter of 2021, or roughly $740 billion more than U.S. total credit card debt.
In Minnesota, 900,000 student loan borrowers owe an average $31,250 in federal and private student debt. That debt translates into an average monthly payment topping $250.
Tuition and fees for one year at Inver Hills costs a little less than $5,500. Compare that to $15,000 to $20,000 at a for-profit college, or $40,000 to $50,000+ at a private college or university. You can complete your first two years at Inver Hills getting a topflight, hands-on education from knowledgeable, caring and experienced faculty and then transfer to a four-year school as a junior all while saving thousands of dollars.