What you’ll accomplish as a student in our Pre-Social Work program:
- Make a difference in people’s lives by applying effective counseling skills in a variety of social and community service roles
- Investigate complex social problems and understand the effects on individuals, communities, and society
- Conduct advocacy and outreach alongside human services professionals
- Work directly with student-centric human services faculty with professional experience in the field
- Get firsthand human services experience helping solve real-world problems
- Benefit from small class sizes and collaborating with likeminded classmates
- Save money and continue your academic and professional careers with less student debt
According to U.S. News & World Report, national student loan debt topped $1.7 trillion in the second quarter of 2021, or roughly $740 billion more than U.S. total credit card debt.
In Minnesota, 900,000 student loan borrowers owe an average $31,250 in federal and private student debt. That debt translates into an average monthly payment topping $250.
Tuition and fees for one year at Inver Hills costs a little less than $5,500. Compare that to $15,000 to $20,000 at a for-profit college, or $40,000 to $50,000+ at a private college or university. You can complete your first two years at Inver Hills getting a topflight, hands-on education from knowledgeable, caring and experienced faculty and then transfer to a four-year school as a junior all while saving thousands of dollars.